Friday, May 30, 2008

I hate my road

I took Claude to the vet on Wed because he was loosing weight and looked scruffy. He was also really lethargic. They pulled blood and sent it off to the lab. They said it could take until Monday to get the results. They gave me medication to give him in the meantime (total vet bill: $255.00). He acted really nice until they took the blood then he became anti-social and really ticked off. Well, my mom took him back to the house, let him out of the cat carrier and he promply got hit in the road. I'm not ok. I almost got killed by a truck just trying to move him. I hate my road. I'm making a sign that says "Slow Down! You're killing all of my animals." I don't know what to do. I think I'll send a letter to the paper...or call the HWY patrol. Sorry for the sad news but I'm sad.

6 comments:

Elizabeth said...

That's so sad. =[

babyarnie said...

I agree. It might be time to throw out a bunch of nails or stop sticks. I hope they never have to dig up the back yard b/c boy will they be surprised.

kareng said...

Ah, Rachael, that is sad. I know you will miss the little guy.

Hannah E. Carson said...

Oh no, he was Oozey's brother which makes me really sad. I am restricting you to fish and gerbils. I'm so sad for you.

azulalegria said...

Rachael I think that would fit in perfectly with your mom's tree preservation sign... i'm so sorry!

Carroll said...

NOOOOOOOOO. Not Claude Butts! Hang on...I'll be right over with a casserole and a plate of deviled eggs...