Thursday, May 22, 2008

An Ode




Momma Kitty was one of the best barn kitties we ever had. She is no longer with us. She was hit (probably by a yankee or some dumb redneck...i'm not bitter or anything....driving too fast down my road) on Monday. She had a good life here at the farm. She was actually extremely overweight. Her favorite things to do were eat, hang out with the horses, eat some more, and attack you from behind if you didn't pet her enough. She was laid to rest under the tree beside Boo (who was also hit by somebody driving too fast) next to Lilly and Coles gate by Mike who had to dig until he saw Chinamen in order to make her fit. We were all sad and nice words said over her. If anyone knows who did this please give me a description of the vehicle. I'll handle the rest.

We'll miss you Momma Kitty. Besides Claude you were my favorite.

P.S. The oppossum that was helping himself to her catfood accross the road has now moved to the house. He's up for adoption.

Momma Kitty's Quote of the Day: "I am ready to meet my Maker. Whether my Maker is prepared for the great ordeal of meeting me is another matter." -Sir Winston Churchill

10 comments:

Carroll said...

SAY IT AIN'T SO! She was one of the great bob-tailed kitties of all time. She will be missed. If you'd like a new barn cat, I have one for you. He is gray and his name rhymes with "tank."

babyarnie said...

I'm so sad. Even though I was terrified of her b/c she really did try to attack you and Noah was just the size for her to tackle. We will miss you Mama Kitty. Oh and the photographer for that first pic is just phenomimanl ;)

Rachael said...

Yeah, she's also a phenomimanl speller!

Elizabeth said...

Today I found Kitty sleeping under the tree outside and his front foot was twice the size of his other one...it's so sad. =[

Hannah E. Carson said...

That makes me miss Chase. He was my best friend.

Joy said...

I agree with anonymous!

Lydia said...

I'm sorry. I never met her but her pictures are beautiful. Carroll makes me laugh. Would you really want a cat that pees all over your white clothes?

kareng said...

I think Frank would fit in with Rachael's cats. BUT I have 2 boys who are itching to get on a farm!(and off my deck)

Anonymous said...

Yes! That's a good idea, you can take the gray cat or KJ, or better yet, both!

Anonymous said...

This made me so sad. I'm tired of feeling sad about lost animals. I'm thinking of moving to a condo in downtown Cary. We have so many pet graves out here that if we ever sold this place it would take archaeologists years to figure out what the deal was. I think I'd like to be buried out here with them.