Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Rest

What a wonderful women's retreat. It all started with the gorgeous house practically "in" the ocean. There is nothing like falling to sleep with the sound of the ocean (not on a sound machine). The lesson and singing were fantastic. Thank you to all who planned, taught, prepared and prayed. It was such a perfect opportunity to bond with the women in the church. I'm already looking forward to next year.

Of course I came home to my fat horses who are now on diets. I'm going to have to glue Spice's mouth shut. I don't know what's she's eating because there isn't that much grass in her pasture. I think she fishes during the day.

Rachael's Quote of the Day: "Age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill."

9 comments:

Lydia said...

What a gorgeous picture! I'm SO thankful that the retreat was such a blessing to all! We received Lauren's card from all the ladies- she LOVES it!

kareng said...

thanks for helping out with my solicitation at the office the other day! I am glad it went well!

Rachael said...

I'm glad I recognized your car. Usually when there are solicitors (sp?) I crawl to the door and put up the "Gone to Lunch" sign. Last time I did it I threw out my hip.

83rocketscientist said...

I could use a vacation right about now....

babyarnie said...

You think she's kidding about crawling on the floor and putting up the sign and then running back and hiding under the desk. She's not, I have participated in this venture a few times.

Elizabeth said...

I really like that picture!

kareng said...

now I know why you didn't answer the first time I stopped by.;) I thought I heard something.....

Wandering Family said...

I wonder what the salesmen think of that. Imagine if you show up at an office to sell, say, a new copier. It's 9:45, and the sign says they're already at lunch.

Do you really think they buy it?

Rachael said...

Well, I thought the "no soliciting" sign would hold them off but they're persistant. If they can break the rules I have no problem "going to lunch" at 9:45.