Tuesday, July 05, 2005

Just A Blurrr


The weekend is finally over. And what a good weekend it was. I have never eaten so many chips and chocolate in my life. The show was a lot of fun despite the scorching heat, long waits, and hyper horses. We arrived at the show grounds Thursday night and had just enough time to ride the horses before the arena closed for the 7:00 am show the following morning. Tammy decided to bring her horse (who hadn't been ridden in 4 years...till Thursday night). He actually did really well. Two 5th places out of 10-15 horses. Cole did well also. We got everything from 1st to 6th...well, except a 4th place. For some reason they just wouldn't give us a white ribbon no matter what we did. I was able to talk to some trainers and get really good ideas to help improve ole Cole...so watch out! I know ya'll were saddened by the fact that you couldn't come. So the next time a show comes to town and it's 100 degrees, I'll be sure and invite you. As soon as I get my photos back I'll start posting them. Cole and I had a photo session while we were waiting on our class (actually, I was harrassing him while he was trying to eat lunch). Some turned out pretty good.

Tammy did great on Cole...despite making Jordan dump out his water in the "Water Glass Class."(He blames her anyway. I think it's just an excuse). Yes, you heard it right. They actually have a "water glass class." I'll let you ride in it one day.

Rachael's Quote of the Day:
Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum.
-Sometimes I get this urge to conquer large parts of Europe.

3 comments:

Joy said...

Who is the hot chick on that horse?!? No wonder they got so many ribbons! But seriously rach, you and cole deserve them all - you work so hard and never give up.
But next time, maybe for fun, I'll run just in front of cole, outside of the ring, hold out some chewing tobacco for him...

Anonymous said...

I know it's warm being on a horse in 100 degree weather. I was just in a wedding(outdoors) in southern Louisianna this past weekend. And let me tell you, those all-wool tuxedos are just oh, so comfy when you're standing in the Devil's Armpit watching the wedding planner and mother of the bride(AKA Swamp Thing. the mother, not the bride) argueing over which foot she should step out on first. So I feel your pain, Red.

Rachael said...

You should have just pushed her and gotten it over with.