Friday, December 01, 2006

Ahh...Vacation...

The peacock farm. I want to live here.
Aunt Ruthie's cow farm.
I love blaze orange.
The old road at the cow farm that used to be a carriage lane.
Mike scouting for that perfect spot. In the end...it wasn't so perfect.
My grandma's kitchen window. I wanted to steal it and take it home with me.
Aunt Ruthie painted this. Yeah, she did. And you can buy it for 10 million dollars. Make checks out to me.
Grandma's house again.
A dead tree. Thought it was cool.
We went to my grandmother's house for Thanksgiving last weekend and I took ye ole' camera with me. It felt so good to get out and play in the mud (and it was really stinkin' muddy) for a whole day. It was the first time my great aunt and grandma had seen Noah...and he actually acted nice. I got to see him awake for the first time in his entire 4 week existance.


Famous Last Words: "I wonder where the mother bear is?"

14 comments:

Lydia said...

Great pics! I gave Martha that shirt, must be nice to fit in it RIGHT after having a baby, GRRR! Your grandma's window IS gorgeous. I want one.

Anonymous said...

How beautiful! I want to see the picture of you dressed as a peacock. : )

Goingintoalltheworld said...

All I can think about when I see those pics is ... MMMMM, crab dip. MMMMM.

Joy said...

What beau-ti-ful windows! I'd like to steal them and the painting...

Joy said...

I am patiently awaiting the posting of some rather fabulous looking christmas tree photos :-P

Richpo the Unmagnificent said...

Aunt Ruthie's cow farm? Where's the beef? I think it is actually Aunt Ruthie's pasture farm. Lot's of grass but a little weak on cows.

Anonymous said...

where are the peahens?

Rachael said...

I don't know where the peahens are. Now as for the cows....they were somewhere else. Ask Martha how it feels to walk up on the big bull and think he's a cow. It'll change your life. We did see a tiny new baby calf. It was a little white one and I almost stole it...but that would be wrong.

Anonymous said...

Those peacocks are MEAN.

Rachael said...

They aren't mean...except the one crazy one that attacks her car and runs in circles.

Anonymous said...

I found Dump on your Christmas card! Do I get a prize?

Rachael said...

You get him for Christmas

babyarnie said...

My first post back in the real world. Yes, grandma's farm is as beautiful as it seems. I want to live there too. And the bull was terrifying!

Anonymous said...

welcome back, Martha! we missed you!