Thursday, May 25, 2006

SOUL PATROL


Sigh of relief....America got it right! Maybe not in the past years of American Idol. But last night justice was had. How wonderful to see someone come from barely getting on the show to winning the whole stinkin' thing. If they had only seen Constantine's talent last year like I did. Oh well. We can't get 'em all right.

Brief horse show update: Have you ever been in a really bad thunderstorm? No, I mean the kind where you actually worry about yourself more than your horse that's in the trailer about 100 feet away under a massive tree that could go at anytime. Last weekend, in the middle of the stupid show, a hail storm like no other attacked the show. Everyone ran for cover. It was a very dramatic situation. Horses were crammed into trailers just in time for the winds, torrental rain, hail, lightning, and threat of tornadoe. When it was all over, the power in the ring was out. I know what you're thinking, "A horse show without that great music?" Well, they got the speaker working but not the ring lights and they had to cancel the show after class 19 because it was too dark to see the horses. What class was I in? Glad you asked. CLASS 21!. So, we packed Cole back into the trailer and went back to the hotel. Sensing something was amiss at the hotel....we locked the door immediately. And boy were we right. It was party time on the 2nd floor, all stinkin' night. We complained the next morning. Mostly because people slammed doors, yelled down the hall, and tried to come in our room. The guy at the desk told us there was nothing he could do because the police were at the hotel beside us and the security guard was at the one on the other side. YIKES! To make a short story long...Cole is home and the aweful show is over. But, Taylor won!!!!
SOUL PATROL!

14 comments:

Carroll said...

woo hoo! I just wish he had a better single...

Anonymous said...

I think that your comment about Constantine was clearly out of line. He should get a job where you can stare at a camera all day...he certainly is skilled in that area!

Rachael said...

Not as bad as your feet.

babyarnie said...

Not as bad as Bella... or OOZIE!! And just for the record- I CHOSE TAYLOR FROM THE BEGINNING!! YIPEE!!

Lydia said...

I also chose Taylor from the start, just ask Rich! Soul Patrol, Soul Patrol, Soul Patrol!!! YEAH!!! I want him to redo "Deep River Woman".

Goingintoalltheworld said...

I have a question. Living overseas and being deprived (must ... try ... not ... to ... laugh) of American Idolatry, I obviously missed out on this year's show. Is this "Taylor" person a man or a woman? He/she/it has what I call a "shname," an androgynous and confusing name which doesn't specify gender (yes, I'm aware that I and my wife both have shnames as well). The picture you posted makes him/her look, well, in-between. Either it's a really ugly version of Barry Manilow (as if the real one wasn't ugly enough), or else a hideously masculine woman with a he-woman haircut. Which is it?

PS - I'm not kidding. Is that a man? A young Mrs. Doubtfire? Please enlighten me. BTW, I'm not slandering her/his singing ability, which I haven't heard.

Richpo the Unmagnificent said...

Taylor Hicks is HIS name.

And this "contest" was SOOOOO fixed! Paula was behind the scenes tweaking for the results she wanted. I so want a recount.

Catch the McPheever baby!!!!!!!!

Richpo the Unmagnificent said...

Oh, and Lydia had been rooting for Chicken Little boy until he got canned. Then she was torn between Chris (because of his plus-size wife) and Elliot (because he loves his mama). Once these hacks were voted off she reluctantly turned to Mr. Frosty Top.

Anonymous said...

Taylor's moving to Nashville!...or should I say BACK to Nashville because he lived here for like 8 years and couldn't make his break. However, he did sing at several places where great people have performed out here. I don't know what the news reports have been like where you guys are, but Nashville is stirring with excitement over Taylor--the radio DJ guys were broadcasting from Vegas for ACM night, and they said it was funny how the big country stars were talking about who was going to win American Idol.

Lydia said...

Rich is SUCH a liar! I wanted Chicken Little to be GONE from the first. However...I do like Elliot. He loves his mama.

babyarnie said...

OK Miranda, you have to help me. When he moves to Nashville, get Keithan to be his agent and let's hook Rachael up. She said she'd marry him. Wouldn't he fit right in the FaM?? How much fun would that be!!!!!!!

Joy said...

i'm gonna have to start watching more TV

Carroll said...

come to the dark side, joy...

Richpo the Unmagnificent said...

No, no, no!!!

"But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship with one another" [1Jo 1:7]

Stay in the light, Joy! Keep away from the dark side of those who idolize the TV of abomination and desolation!!!