Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Happy 100th Post!


www.tourismgraysharbor.com
Today I will celebrate my 100th post by having a rotten case of poison ivy on my face. My lips will be swollen and the large red blotches on my cheeks will itch uncontrollably. I will beg others for medication and take Benadryl like candy. I will procrastinate and not go to the doctor until my head falls off or until I can no longer stand how weird I look. So, the banquet on Saturday is looking really great right now. I'm so excited about dressing up with a swollen head and eating with people I hardly know. Maybe Joy and I will hit Taco Bell when we get home.

p.s.-Peri goes to the vet today. We think he might have to get x-rays. I can't wait to see how the vet gets him out of the pet carrier. He hasn't been to the vet since he was little and he hates other people. I'll keep you updated. You might read about it in the paper first though.

Rachael's Quote of the Day: "It is bad to supress laughter. It goes back down and spreads your hips." -(Fred Allen: Family Circle)

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is your poison ivy weeping or dry?

Have you tried any preparations with pramoxine or zinc in them? The zinc will dry and the pramoxine will numb you up so you don't itch as much. Also, the solarcaine preparation with Aloe and Benzocaine will make you feel a little better.



And save me a taco.

Rachael said...

Well, I went to the doctor and he gave me a shot of pred. and Ben. but I definitely need some sort of topical stuff. I'm going to the pharmacy today so I'll have to pick up some of those things and give it a shot.

Carroll said...

forgot to ask...how did Peri do at the vet?

babyarnie said...

He didn't go.... His mom went to the vet instead.

Rachael said...

He goes today at 3:30

Joy said...

i think i'm suppressing laughter...

Anonymous said...

If your taking oral benadryl, don't also use the topical stuff, as it may cause an allergy to develop.

Rachael said...

Ok. I take Benadryl at night so I can sleep. I thought it was drying up but last night I started swelling up again. If I stay like this I'll have natural lip implants for the rest of my life. I look pretty scary. Right now I'm putting rubbing alcohol on my face to keep it from itching. It feels pretty good. Smells wierd...but feels good.

Richpo the Unmagnificent said...

"Smells wierd...but feels good."

Try BenGay instead. Same effects but much cheaper.

R

And that would be "weird." Another one for "Puffy Lips' Dictionary of Almost Words."

P.S. Please post a picture. It's better than a thousand words (or at least the dozen or so you used).

Rachael said...

Rich,

as soon as i figure out martha's camera i'll get a photo up. it's definitely worth seeing. there isn't a brand of makeup in the world that could cover this up.

Anonymous said...

Looking for information and found it at this great site... Commercial mortgage broker affiliate program fiat 126p Acne prevention tip cum Evista and ovarian cancer car rental Buy day ionamin same shipping 1995 mitsubishi eclipse Vicodin tab vicadin withdrawl lift chairs Keyword protonix i.v boards Top rated computer companies basketball Ambien sleeping tablets