Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Ouch!!


I was walking through Kohls parking lot yesterday with John so that he could buy some cool guy shoes and I slipped. Remember that toe Daniel broke when he threw me in the ocean several years ago. I re-broke that toe. I didn't realize it until we went into Kohls and were checking out the guy shoes. We bought some for John and then he drove me to urgent care. John was cute and carried my big ugly green pocket book around as I was x-rayed and inspected by the doctor. They showed him how to tape it up and then gave me the coolest shoe...ever to wear for a week. John laughed at me all the way out of urgent care. This is really going to help me out a lot getting ready for the horse show. John won't even let me help feed the horses at this point. I'm going to try to sneak onto a horse today. First, I have to create a diversion.....
Oh, I have a new kitty. Have I already posted that? His name is Wallace. He hasn't yet been introduced to Ellie but the day is drawing near. I'm sure Cedar won't have a problem with him as long as he doesn't run. She has that hound dog chase after things that run down pat.

Quote of the Day:
Michael Scott: Pam you want to rub butter on my foot?
Pam Beesly: No.
Michael Scott: Pam, please. I have Country Crock.
-Michael Scott (The Injury)

4 comments:

Carroll said...

A fancy shoe, you say? I could have loaned you a slightly-used air cast...

kareng said...

oh, nice on super rainy days and puddles!

Anonymous said...

You have, I must say, the strangest injuries ever known--we should make a list. Can't be ordinary things...must be strange things. Oh well, anybody can be ordinary.

Anonymous said...

Hi Rachel and Jon its Brian. I found your blog thru Mike and Marthas. I hope everythign is going well with your married life. Believe me the first 2 years is a pain. But you both learn and grow with each other. Hey I'm fixing to be rolling out again about the middle of next month so I will try to keep intouch since I found your blog. You can also check out mine called the Carolinabloghouse at the same site. I write under a penn name if you read the first blog you'll see why. I'm heading to Afghanistan for the 3rd time 4th overall. This time I'm in a spot to make a big difference though and plan to. You guys take care and would love to hear back from you. Chat again later Brian